Friday, September 4, 2009

Weekly Weigh In Results 9/4/09

The loss was minuscule but a loss is still a loss, no matter how small. I will not complain about it and I'll consider myself lucky that I didn't move the scale in the opposite direction. Surely, this would have been the case if I hadn't experienced a cleansing effect from eating seaweed the other day.

Speaking of seaweed, I was just certain that the three different cleansing products I had buried in a forgotten corner of the medicine cabinet, were sure to contain it in mass quantities. After digging them out and thoroughly scrutinizing their labels, I found that Relacore, Whole Body Cleanse, and Internal Flush (ugh, the name alone....what was I thinking?) had not contained any amount of seaweed whatsoever.

However, I did find one ingredient that was consistently listed on every product label, and it is Marshmallow Root, or botanically speaking, Althaea officianalis. While I'm certain that eating a bunch of marshmallows would not give me the same effect, I am clueless as to what exactly marshmallow root is, and I would love to find out.

So if anyone out there is in the know on this stuff, please share. I could go look it up myself on Google or something, but where's the fun in that?

No comments:

Post a Comment